Transportation & Market Access
Botetourt County offers an excellent location for business.
- In fact, the area is within a day's drive of two-thirds of the U.S. population,
- and within 500 miles of New York, Philadelphia, Cleveland, Washington, Nashville, and Atlanta.
- Interstates 81, 77, and 64 provide links to America's most important markets and, via the Port of Hampton Roads, to the world. I-73, a new interstate highway through Botetourt, is also in the planning stages .
The natural beauty of the Greenfield site was very appealing, but easy access to automakers in both Detroit and the South was critical. With Greenfield's proximity to Interstate 81, our product can be on its way to customers within minutes.
An outstanding interstate system. Modern jet airports with international connections. A major rail hub. It all comes together here. Convenient location has made NewVAthe hub for employment, healthcare, entertainment and retail for a broad region that includes more than a million people.
It's no wonder that Botetourt County is the location of choice for companies who depend on easy market access.
- I-81 runs through Botetourt County
- I-64 - 20 miles
- U.S. #220 (north-south)
- U.S. Alt. #220 (north-south)
- U.S. #11 (north-south)
- U.S. #460 (east-west)
General Aviation Service
NS Thoroughbred Bulk Transfer Terminal
NS Regional Intermodal Facility