Department of Fire and EMS
205 N. Roanoke Street, Suite 1,
Located in the
Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Botetourt County Emergency Services Notice of Privacy Practices brochure rev 03/06
The CodeRED Weather Warning system will be used to deliver alerts to Botetourt County residents and businesses when there is a threat to public health and safety. It will provide official information about events such as chemical spills, severe weather, evacuations, utility disruptions, missing persons, terrorist acts, or other emergencies.
Click the image to register
Botetourt County is protected by 6 Volunteer Fire Departments, 5 Volunteer Rescue Squads and 1 career Rescue Squad, which operate between 5 AM and 5 PM, seven days a week. Covering over 548 square miles of varied terrain and population density, these groups are comprised of approximately 275 dedicated individuals who work closely together to provide the fastest and most advanced fire protection and EMS service possible. For information about volunteer opportunities, call the Volunteer Coordinator at 473-2098.
Visit the Botetourt County Fire and EMS website.
- Fire and Rescue Emergency Dispatch: 911
- Poison Control Center: (800) 222-1222
- A map of Fire and Rescue Districts can be seen using the Botetourt
County Geographic Information Systems
Note: this tool is not currently available to Netscape or Mac users.
- It is the responsibility of property owners to provide suitable access for emergency service vehicles. View the Private Driveways Construction Guidelines. rev 07/04
Completed in 2001, Botetourt County's new Emergency Communications Center is equipped with a high level of security, backup power and communications resources, and utilizes modern radio equipment and telephone systems. Well staffed at all times, the Center has exceptional mapping capabilities, allowing dispatchers to quickly locate both landline and wireless callers, and direct personnel to emergency scenes.
For additional information, contact: Nicole Manspile, (540) 473-8630.
The Botetourt County Sheriff's Department provides police protection for the County as well as for the incorporated towns of Fincastle, Troutville, and Buchanan. Accredited through the Virginia Law Enforcement Professional Standards Commission, the force is comprised of 69 highly trained and dedicated law enforcement officers.
Botetourt County Sheriff's Office
P.O. Box 18
205 North Roanoke Street
Fincastle, VA 24090
- VA Department of Emergency Management (VDEM)
- VA Department of Fire Programs (DFP)
- VA Laws Related to Fire Protection
- VA Office of Emergency Medical Services (OEMS)
- VA State Police